How to Get Parallax Trajectory
Check out our guide to learn everything you need to know about Season of the Lost's new currency, Parallax Trajectory.
There’s a new currency that’s been added to Destiny 2 for Season of the Lost and it’s called Parallax Trajectory. And much like previous seasons, this seasonal currency is going to be used for just about everything this season. You’ll need to earn a great deal of this currency if you’re going to experience everything that this season has to offer.
This comprehensive guide will help you learn more about how to get Parallax Trajectory, how much you can get from each activity, and what you can use it for once you have it.
Where can you get Parallax Trajectory
There are a handful of ways for you to get your hands on Parallax Trajectory. Bungie did a great job at making virtually every activity reward players with some currency upon completion.
- Leveling your Season Pass throughout the season
- Completing Strikes, Crucible matches, Gambit matches, and public events
- Collecting Ascendant Anchors from Patrol zones
The most reliable way for you to get a steady stream of Trajectory is to just run activities. You’ll be running activities a great deal anyways thanks to the vendor reputation changes for both the Vanguard and Gambit. As always, some activities give more currency than others so if you’re looking to farm Parallax Trajectory quick, you’ll want to stick to the more profitable activities.
Amount of Parallax Trajectory Earned
- Defeating enemies: 3x
- Ascendant Anchors: 30x
- Public Event: 75x
- Crucible Match: 100x
- Gambit Match: 100x
- Battleground: 100x
- Expunge: 100x
- Shattered Realm: 100x
- Strike: 150x
- Season Pass: 150x at ranks 2, 12, & 32 with boosters at 52, 72, & 92.
- Nightfall: 190x
Best Way to Farm Parallax Trajectory
There’s always a fast way of doing everything and farming seasonal currency is no different. Below is the strategy I’ve been using so far and my coffers have been overflowing.
- Collect every Ascendant Anchor each week: There were 50 anchors available for Guardians to pick up during week one. With each anchor giving 30x a pop, that’s the potential of 1,500x free Parallax Trajectory each week just for doing a glorified fetch quest. (We may not get ~50 anchors each week, but the point still stands.)
- Grind the regular strike playlist: You receive 150x Parallax Trajectory each time you complete a strike. With each strike taking anywhere between 8 – 12 mins, Guardians can earn roughly 12 to 18 trajectory every minute. And, if you’re able to get into a speedrunning fireteam, you can finish strikes in under 8 mins.
- Grind Crucible matches in a fireteam: Winning a match in the Crucible will award you and your team with 100x trajectory a piece. If you have a good enough team, you can mercy the opposing side in under 5 mins making this one of, if not the fastest way to earn Parallax Trajectory.
- Get as many defeats as possible: You’re randomly awarded 3x trajectory for defeating enemy units. The more defeats you rack up, the more random rewards you’ll receive.
Editor’s Note: It’s recently been discovered that Guardians can farm this season’s currency by running Expunge missions, and Expunge Tartarus can be completed very quickly. This is quite probably the fastest way to earn Parallax Trajectory since you can get 100x trajectory every 5 minutes without a fireteam.
What Parallax Trajectory Can be Used For
There isn’t just one thing for you to spend your currency on this season which is why it’s so important for you to be efficient with your farming. There are three different ways for you to spend your Parallax Trajectory so be mindful how you spend it.
Leveling your Wayfinder’s Compass
The most important thing you can do with your currency is level your Wayfinder’s Compass to unlock new abilities. Many of these abilities can improve the rate at which you earn the seasonal currency and make it easier to unlock the rest of the abilities.
In week 1, Guardians are only able to earn enough Wayfinder Calibration XP to level the Compass up to level 4. This means that you’ll need to farm at least 950 Parallax Trajectory if you want to unlock the first 3 upgrades on your compass.
Focusing Umbral Engrams
It wouldn’t be a new season of Destiny 2 without Umbral Engrams and the Prismatic Recaster. It’s also the fastest way to complete the Instruments of the Lost triumph that’s part of earning the Realmwalker title.
Tier I Focusing
Focusing engrams on this tier will run you a cool 150x trajectory.
- Worldly Armor: An engram containing Legendary armor found in several activities and destinations.
- Worldly Weapons: An engram containing Legendary weapons found in several activities and destinations.
- Tools of the Hunt: An engram containing two weapons from Season of the Hunt.
- Tools of the Chosen: An engram containing two weapons from Season of the Chosen.
- Tools of the Splicer: An engram containing two weapons from Season of the Splicer.
- Engram of the Found: An engram containing gear from Season of the Lost.
- Tools of the Lost: An engram containing a Season of the Lost weapon.
- Armor of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor.
Tier II Focusing
Tier 2 engrams cost 450 trajectory to focus.
- Wayfinder’s Precision: An engram containing the Bow Woftone Draw or the Hand Cannon Vulpecula.
- Helmet of the Lost: An engram containing a Season of the Lost helmet.
- Breastplate of the Lost: An engram containing a Season of the Lost chest armor.
- Legs of the Lost: An engram containing a Season of the Lost leg armor.
- Token of the Lost: An engram containing a Season of the Lost class item.
- Wayfinder’s Concussion: An engram containing the Shotgun Fractethyst or the Grenade Launcher Canis Major.
- Wayfinder’s Impact: An engram containing the Auto Rifle Chrysura Melo or the Fusion Rifle Iota Draconis.
- Hands of the Lost: An engram containing a Season of the Lost gauntlets.
Tier III Focusing
These engrams will run you 600 trajectory to focus.
- Mobility of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor with a high Mobility roll.
- Recovery of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor with a high Recovery roll.
- Resilience of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor with a high Resilience roll.
- Strength of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor with a high Strength roll.
- Discipline of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor with a high Discipline roll.
- Intellect of the Lost: An engram containing Season of the Lost armor with a high Intellect roll.
- Wayfinder’s Accuracy: TBD
- Wayfinder’s Blast: TBD
- Wayfinder’s Strike: TBD
Unlocking Chests in Astral Alignment
At the end of every Astral Alignment activity, Guardians are rewarded with two chests. The regular chest on the left side is free to open for everyone that was in the activity. The chest on the right is the Wayfinder’s Trove and it costs 150 Parallax Trajectory to open.
If you choose to open it, you’ll be rewarded with a random piece of Season of the Lost armor or weapon. Opening this chest costs the same amount of Parallax Trajectory that you’d need to focus a Tier I engram. Except that this chest does not consume an Umbral Engram or cost you any legendary shards.
Overall, it’s a far better use of your currency if you’re in need of gear, but the trade off is that it’s completely random.