Xur Stock & Location for 8/27/21
Take a peek at what Xur has brought to the tower this week.
It’s Friday again and that means that Xur is back in town with a new batch of exotics for Guardians to buy. Since this is the first week of Season of the Lost, Xur has a few surprises in store for players.
Exotic Armor & Weapon Inventory
- Fated Engram: An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any of the possible rewards remain to be collected. Preview contents for possible rewards. (If you’ve collected everything, you’ll receive a random exotic.)
- Tractor Cannon: Exotic void heavy shotgun.
- Exotic Perk: Repulsor Force – This weapon emits a powerful impulse that pushes enemies away, suppresses their abilities, and makes them more vulnerable to all incoming damage.
- Exotic Perk: The Scientific Method – Damaging an opponent temporarily increases speed and handling.
- Knucklehead Radar: Exotic head armor for Hunters.
- Exotic Perk: Upgraded Sensor Pack – Provides radar while you’re aiming. Enhances your radar resolution while crouched.
- Doom Fang Pauldrons: Exotic gauntlets for Titans.
- Exotic Perk: Horns of Doom – Void melee kills give Super energy. While Sentinel Shield is active, melee kills recharge Shield Throw, which extends your Super on hits.
- Promethium Spurs: Exotic leg armor for Warlocks.
- Exotic Perk: Defeating combatants or Guardians while Daybreak is active creates a Healing and Empowering Rift at their location. While standing in any rift, Solar weapon blows grant Rift energy. When your Rift energy is full, final blows consume your Rift energy and create a Healing and Empowering Rift at the target’s location.
Tractor Cannon is absolutely worth your time. It’s one of the most slept on exotics in the game. It’s suppression effect can cancel Supers in the Crucible, it’s suppression field can get multi-kills on a single shot, and it can debuff enemies so they take more damage in PvE. It has a place in literally every single activity in the game and if you don’t have it, you should.
While it isn’t the best exotic for Warlocks, players can make some interesting builds with Promethium Spur to create a hybrid damage and support build that improves their team’s survivability. Recovery is the most important armor stat in the game and Warlock
Legendary Weapon Inventory
Guardians can snag some great weapons with solid rolls this week from Xur’s legendary weapon stock.
- True Prophecy: Kinetic aggressive frame hand cannon w/ Opening Shot and Elemental Capacitor.
- Escape Velocity: Kinetic lightweight submachine gun w/ Overflow and Osmosis.
- The Last Dance: Arc Omolon adaptive frame burst sidearm w/ Quickdraw and Dragonfly.
- Main Ingredient: Arc prevision frame fusion rifle w/ Hip-Fire and Rampage.
- Hollow Words: Arc precision frame fusion rifle w/ Lead from Gold and Backup Plan.
- Seventh Seraph SAW: Arc high-impact machine gun w/ Auto-Loading Holster and Mulligan.
- Bite of the Fox: Kinetic high-impact sniper rifle w/ Rapid Hit and Explosive Payload.
Escape Velocity is a great sleeper pick up for Guardians that don’t have a 900 RPM SMG in the kinetic slot. The infinite primary change is a huge buff to these high RPM weapons and Overflow will give your mag size an even bigger boost when you pick up special or heavy ammo. The real kicker Osmosis which changes the damage of this weapon to match your subclass when you use a grenade.
The Last Dance has a good roll this week. It also has a range masterwork on it and you can improve the lethality of your Dragonfly explosions by adding a Dragonfly weapon mod on this sidearm.
The Main Ingredient roll is actually quite good and worth your time if you’re looking to pick up a fusion rifle for clearing adds. Be sure to slap a Rampage weapon mod in this fusion rifle to increase the duration of your Rampage stacks.
The other weapons are all solid weapons, but their weapon perks and masterwork combinations aren’t that hot. The 3 listed above are absolutely worth your time and Glimmer.
Legendary Armor Inventory
This week’s featured armor set is the Machinist set from the Black Armory season. If you don’t have these pieces for transmog, be sure to pick them up.
And as always, Xur has the Xenology quest for players to complete in order to earn an Exotic Cipher. These items can be used at the Exotic kiosk for legacy exotics or for a second roll on the Fated Engram.